Thoughts and Blog Testing…

Having had time to reflect on what will most likely be the most consuming module this semester, I am definitely excited to create something new and innovative around the theme of retail therapy.  Although for some reason I cannot see what the others have written in terms of ideas, my initial thought was to perhaps not get too hooked on the link between shops and retail therapy. I personally would perhaps like to explore into something deeper, perhaps the basic transaction between one product and another and how else this framework is used in other aspects of life. Alternatively it could be quite interesting to recreate the space, regarding the shop’s history, for example if we researched that one shop was a butchers, we could then use that as stimulus instead. How we would collect this information however, I don’t know, but using Grantham history could be very creative in terms of performing in the festival later on.

I also have some other ideas that are perhaps a bit vague at the moment but might be worth mentioning. I like the idea of using shopping trolleys… maybe for some kinds of synchronized movement.  Also I thought it could be really fun to have a dystopian shop, kind of like a shop built for a zombie apocalypse…. like I say not quite sure where I’m going with these ideas, but I am very excited for the journey.